Now that the party is finally over I’m ready to post some of the DIY projects I did for my little Buttercup’s birthday. This is one of the first DIY projects I tackled. I was inspired by this photo from Catch My Party.
- Cutlery (Knives, forks, and spoons) -> I got these from the Dollar Tree
- Napkins -> I used red and yellow ones from the Dollar Tree
- Strips of decorative card-stock or ribbon -> I bought the polka dot paper at Michaels when it went on sale
- Mickey hands or face -> I used a Cricut Expressions and the Mickey & Friends cartridge to create these
- Glue tape or something sticky
If you have a Cricut it’s very easy to make but if you don’t just do a simple Google search and you’ll come across a ton of different templates.
Once you have your supplies you can begin to put everything together. Place your cutlery one on top of each other. I put the knife on the bottom followed by the fork and the spoon. Roll the napkin on top of the cutlery and lay it flat.
Take your decorative card stock or ribbon and wrap it around the napkin. I put a strip of glue tape on the very end to hold it together. I used the same type of glue to put the Mickey Mouse glove on the polka dot paper. Now there you have it all completed. I did about 100 settings with different types of napkin and cutler combinations. You can use this same method with ribbon and using your glue gun to hold it together. I’ve always thought that it was the little things that make parties memorable.
3 thoughts on “DIY: Mickey Mouse Cutlery”
cest tres beau et simple