Now that the party is finally over I’m ready to post some of the DIY projects I did for my little Buttercup’s birthday. This is one of the first DIY projects I tackled. I was inspired by this photo from Catch My Party.
- Cutlery (Knives, forks, and spoons) -> I got these from the Dollar Tree
- Napkins -> I used red and yellow ones from the Dollar Tree
- Strips of decorative card-stock or ribbon -> I bought the polka dot paper at Michaels when it went on sale
- Mickey hands or face -> I used a Cricut Expressions and the Mickey & Friends cartridge to create these
- Glue tape or something sticky
If you have a Cricut it’s very easy to make but if you don’t just do a simple Google search and you’ll come across a ton of different templates.
Once you have your supplies you can begin to put everything together. Place your cutlery one on top of each other. I put the knife on the bottom followed by the fork and the spoon. Roll the napkin on top of the cutlery and lay it flat.
Take your decorative card stock or ribbon and wrap it around the napkin. I put a strip of glue tape on the very end to hold it together. I used the same type of glue to put the Mickey Mouse glove on the polka dot paper. Now there you have it all completed. I did about 100 settings with different types of napkin and cutler combinations. You can use this same method with ribbon and using your glue gun to hold it together. I’ve always thought that it was the little things that make parties memorable.
…Please be patient while I transition from Blogger to WordPress…
I would like to first begin by saying thanks to my wonderful glue gun for sticking it out with me throughout the wedding planning process, then I would like to thank the wonderful 40% coupons for Michael’s for allowing me to spend countless hours browsing through the aisles without filling guilt of a purchase, then I would like to thank my followers for being so great as they followed me through my crazy journey, lastly I would like to thank Miss Mojito for giving me such an amazing award.
I guess the rules are that I have say 7 random things about me and nominate 7 more blogs.
Random things about me:
1. I worked a little bit more than 9 years at the “Happiest Place on Earth” and my greatest memories are from when I was part of the Dream Squad.
2. I love strawberries. When I was about 4 years old my mom bought me some seeds and helped me plant them. I was so impatient to have some strawberries that I pulled them out when they were still green. Oops.
3. I love to bake. I actually give people baked goods for their birthdays because I think it’s more personal than just a simple gift. If you have any good recipes please send them my way. : )
4. The day my grandmother passed away a part of me did as well.
5. I LOVE flowers but I’m allergic to them. Speaking of allergies I’m pretty much allergic to everything that grows, animals, cockroaches, pineapple, kiwi, and nature. etc.
6. I LOVE to take photographs. When people pass away all you are left with are your memories and the photographs you have.
7. I had a wonderful childhood.
Blogs that are worthy of the award are many but here are the one’s I’m choosing:
1.The Roddy Bride
2.I Do at the Zoo
3.August 15 Bride
4.Wedding Planning with Joy
5.Designed by RJ
6.San Diego Budget Bride
Thanks ladies for all the inspiration!